School Counseling: Building Magical Futures
I can't believe it's NSCW already! I feel like the beginning of second semester has flown by, leaving little time to fully develop my ideas-but here we go...
[Thanks Danielle for starting the party!]
I had planned to launch a really exciting new door decorating contest for NSCW 2014, but I am going to save it for later, for a number of reasons. Sad, but this is my reality this year.
Here's a synopsis of what I did pull together for this year...
- Daily Announcements, modified from those that ASCA provides
- Daily Contests/Activities
- Stinger Aspirations-yeah, somebody is going to win a Kindle Fire HD!
- “Oh the Places You’ll Go” “Senior Stories” bulletin board for senior class college acceptances & military commitments
- “What will you try?” Lunch Activity (students & teachers can write one thing they plan to take a healthy risk & try on a sticky note)
- NSCW Crossword Puzzle (I'll post this year's as soon as I finish it)
- Howmany M&M’s are in the jar contest? Students guess at lunch
I will also have staff incentives this week:
- Magic Bars
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Stop Stealing Dreams (electronic Copy through email) & a TED Talk
I always try to feed the staff and send something their way that they can use to inspire their instructional practice every year, Stop Stealing Dreams is one of my favorites and so fitting for this years theme-double bonus!
I also created a Pinterest Board for the week with quotes and other ideas-check it out here.
Click here for the GoogleDoc I created with announcements etc. for the week.
How are you celebrating NSCW 2014?
Want to check out my ideas from last year? Click here.
Please share your comments below.
For more ideas on how to celebrate NSCW, follow
Danielle Schultz at http://www.schcounselor.com/search/label/nscw
Follow the National School Counseling Week 2014 posts on Twitter with hashtag #NSCW14. Follow me on Twitter @FSabens