After my second ASCA conference I can truly tell you that it only gets better each time.
Last year I brought back a renewed energy for my program and this year a more enhanced and renewed focus.
I attend more extended sessions this year to get more in depth information; here's a list of all of the sessions I attended:
- Opening Session Keynote (Fred Lajvardi)
- High School Ramp Simplified
- Increase Student Achievement via Data
- The Amazing Data Race
- General Session Keynote (Tim Shriver)
- 10 Tips to Creating a Freshman Seminar Curriculum
- Turning Freshman Problems into Opportunities
- Mindsets & Behaviors Competency Writing 101
- Take your School Counseling Presentations from Blah to Blazing
Reflecting back I can't tell you which one was my favorite because they were all enlightening.
So what now?
This is the part I want to savor. I don't want to leave one idea to chance. To make sure that doesn't happen here's my plan of attack to Spice up my Program:
- Execute an Annual Agreement with my new principal by August 14 with 3 SMART goals for my program
- Review and utilize the ASCA RAMP resources to work towards RAMP for next year, even if my school won't pay for the application
- Prepare my Action Plans for each of my goals and share them with the faculty at the first faculty meeting of the year
- Spice up my presentations with all of the tips I learned from the last session I attended at #ASCA15
- Use all of my notes from ASCA14 and ASCA15 to help me make my program goals a reality
I hope to see you all next year in New Orleans for #ASCA16: The Recipe for Success, July 9-12.