Colorful COVID-19 Contact with Seniors

I finally got approval to send a note home in the actual mail to my seniors! I imagine they have to be just as tired of looking at emails and black and white notes as I am, so I opted to make my first snail mail contact home a little more visual! I want to keep the COVID-19 Hierarchy of Needs for Schools at the forefront of my newsletter, but also provide them with the information they would need to begin to take care of business regarding their post-secondary plans & stay connected.




I used CANVA to create my newsletter and implemented QR codes and bitly web addresses to pack as much information as I could onto one piece of paper. I really wanted them to feel special when they got their note so I reached out to my administration to ask if I could try to find an affordable color print option. Once I got approval, I called around and got the deal of a lifetime at Staples! I got this beautiful newsletter printed in our senior color (blue) for FREE! All I had to do was pay the rush fee to have it printed on the same day. Way to go Staples!!


I will send my newsletter home with mental health resources and copies of my weekly email outreach, examples here.

Check out my finished product here. Please share your ideas and thoughts in the comments! We are in this together.

Comments

Popular Posts