I put the final touches on it this morning so I thought I would quickly share a couple of resources that helped me finish my final submission. Check back in August to see if my submission was successful!
- I posted a blog in March about Freshman Orientation that touches on some of the bully prevention materials I use during parent events, check it out here.
- I also shared my freshman academy bully prevention pre-test powerpoint in this post from August.
- Review pages 51-53 of the ASCA National Model (3rd Edition)
- Review pages 313-315 of The Use of Data in School Counseling: Hatching Results for Students, Programs, and the Profession
- Grab more web-based materials from Common Sense Media (I use this site a lot!)
- Check out Pacer's National Bully Prevention Center for more materials and link one of your activities to National Bully Prevention Month. They even have toolkits and activities that you can use in your plan!
- Read 101 Solutions for School Counselors and Leaders in Challenging Times pages 269-283 and page 338 for more references under Anti-violence/bullying/safety solutions
- Check out The Center for Excellence in School Counseling and Leadership (CESCaL) Sign up for a free account! There are always great resources on this site!
- Review the ASCAU Training Materials and any notes you made
- Review the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors
Hope these tips are helpful to you as you complete your Action Plan. I will post my plan in a follow up post once it is approved-fingers crossed!
Now I am officially ready for #ASCA14! Hope to see you there!