Real Simple Quotes

I am working on spending more time "unplugging" and reading books & magazines more this year. The great part about this new resolution is that people send me magazine subscriptions every year for Christmas. 

Shamefully I am just now getting into the August 2013 copy of my Real Simple magazine. As a disclaimer, I do usually flip through them when I get them to check out the seasonable recipes.

One great feature I came across in this issue asks readers, "What is the best advice you've gotten from a book?" 

So many great pieces of advice were shared, but this one really speaks to me today: "We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of energy is the same." (Journey to Ictlan by Don Juan Matus)

As people and professional school counselors we have a choice; we can use our obstacles as excuses & allow them to make us miserable in our chosen profession, or we can work within our structure to build bridges through education & make ourselves, our profession & our programs stronger.

What is the best advice you've gotten from a book?

What magazines do you read or subscribe to.

Share your comments below.

Comments

Popular Posts